Buying goods online
Delivery charges from internet shopping
There is a widespread feeling that the Highlands are not treated fairly by some online retailers. Some retailers claim to offer free UK delivery when in fact hidden surcharges apply to certain areas usually including the Highlands and Islands. Such 'free' claims are likely to be illegal.
We enforce consumer protection laws surrounding internet sales, if you have a complaint or wish to raise an issue about delivery charges from retail websites then please use Delivery Law UK.
Guidance for businesses selling online
- Delivery Law UK
- Business companion
- HM Government delivery charges legal guidance
- UK best practice principles for parcel deliveries
- Scottish Government Parcel Delivery Charges
- Highland Council delivery charges guidance
- Evidence to the House of Commons Scottish Select Committee February 2018
- Prime Minister's Questions 17 October 2018