Marriages and civil partnerships

Other documents to give the registrar:

  • Read about the other documents you must give us - registering a marriage or registering a civil partnership
  • If you were born after 1983 your passport may be required
  • Documents should be originals, not photocopies
  • If any item is not in English, a certified translation must be provided


If you think there may be a delay in giving us these details, please contact us.

Registrars have a statutory duty to report any marriage they suspect has been registered for the sole purpose of evading immigration controls. 

Information and news


Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?