Funerals, graves and cremations
In line with both Scottish Government and UK Government’s advice to minimise social contact, we have taken the difficult decision to make some changes to our Burials and Cremations services.
All reception areas are closed including Kilvean Admin Office in Inverness and there is limited access to Service Points. A list of our Registration offices with telephone contact details can be found on our website.
Services will continue at the Inverness Crematorium, but we ask you to follow below guidance;
- Capacity will be maximum 80 persons seated in the chapel with NO STANDING within the building.
- We request attendees either sign in through the QR code or use contact tracing sheets provided.
- Wear face coverings indoors, unless exempt.
- Sanitise hands using hand sanitiser provided.
- Chapel may be colder than usual due to enhanced ventilation between services.
This is to help prevent and mitigate any potential spread of the virus amongst different households and the wider community.
The organist service has been suspended.
Collection of ashes will be by appointment only, Please telephone 01463 644450 to arrange collection. Due to social distancing measures, only one person is allowed to enter the building when the collection takes place.
The Book of Remembrance at Kilvean will continue as before.
Please be aware that the above may be subject to change as we may have to introduce further measures as the situation develops.