Temporary Childcare for Essential Workers
Managing care for children of keyworkers
Now that the Scottish Government has announced schools and Early Learning and Childcare settings are closing, Highland Council is working hard to create an offer of care for the children of parents and carers who are essential workers.
In line with national guidance, essential workers are considered to fall into three categories:
Health and care workers directly supporting COVID response and associated staff
- Life threatening emergency services work
- Critical primary/community care provision
- Energy suppliers
- Childcare/learning for Category 1 staff.
- All other health and care workers/Public Sector workers - Emergency critical welfare services (e.g. Fire, Police, Prison, Social Work, Housing)
- Workers who are critical for national infrastructure (e.g. water, transportation, telecommunications, food production and distribution)
- Other essential services, people who keep the country running
Some educational establishments across Highland will be identified as centres for childcare provision.
Provision will operate between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and will be available for children from birth to 14 years.
For those who have completed an application, you will receive an email with confirmation that your request has been received and we will respond with an offer of childcare as soon as possible after assessing all the requirements.
The information provided will be looked at by the relevant team at the end of the completion period. In the meantime, please do not contact the service centre regarding Keyworker Childcare as they will not be able to assist with your enquiries at this time.
Thank you for your patience.