Free school meals and assistance with clothing
To receive free school meals and assistance with school clothing, your household must be in receipt of any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £625).
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £7,500 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You can also apply:
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right
- If you have no recourse to public funds, normally due to immigration status
- If you are a family awaiting your first monthly Universal Credit award notice
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction, receiving an Income based DWP Benefit, and were in receipt of Free School Meals when school year ended there is no need to re-apply. We will automatically make an award this year.
However, if you have a child who is due to start Primary School or you have a child in Secondary School who will be returning to school after the summer holidays, you will need to let us know so that we can make an award. Please do this by clicking on the APPLY link below to add the child’s details through our online application form.
The School Clothing Grant is £140 for Primary School children and £150 for High School children. Our online application form asks you to provide your bank details to allow us to make payment. If you are unable to provide bank details please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions relating to the Free School Meals and Clothing assistance scheme, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you did not receive Free School Meals or a School Clothing Grant last year, please apply by clicking the link below.
If you already receive free school meals and wish to provide bank details:
Alternatively, our Welfare Support Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and assistance in making an application.
Upload evidence or other documents online
If you need to submit documents as evidence, please click the link below to upload photos or scans of your evidence.