Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Thursday, 27 October 2016
Minutes: Read the Minutes (Items 16-21)
16. Code of Corporate Governance 2016/17
Còd airson Riaghladh Corporra 2016/17
There had been circulated Report No. HC/48/16 dated 14 October 2016 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which provided an update on progress with delivering the Local Code of Corporate Governance for 2015/16 and presented the proposed Code for 2016/17 for approval.
The Council NOTED the progress on delivering the 2015/16 Code of Corporate Governance and APPROVED the 2016/17 Code of Corporate Governance as circulated – subject to the following amendment:-
Principle 3 – Para 3.5 – Develop and maintain shared values including leadership values for both the organisation and staff reflecting public expectations and communicating these with Members, staff, the community and partners – values in pace and being promoted through the redesign process – Chief Executive – change target date from ‘complete’ to ‘March 2017’.
17. Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers
Raòn Ùghdarrais agus Rianachd gu Comataidhean Ro-innleachdail agus Fo-chomataidhean agus gu Oifigearan
Declarations of Interest
Ms J Douglas, Mr K Gowans, Mr M Green and Mr F Parr declared non-financial interests in this item as Directors of High Life Highland but, having applied the test outlined in Paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3 of the Councillors’ Code of Conduct, concluded that their interests did not preclude them from taking part in the discussion.
Mr K Gowans also declared a financial interest in this item on the basis that his wife was an employee of High Life Highland but, having applied the test outlined in Paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3 of the Councillors’ Code of Conduct, concluded that his interest did not preclude him from taking part in the discussion.
As agreed at the last meeting, there had been circulated Report No. HC/49/16 dated 17 October 2016 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which outlined amendments to the Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers and provided further information as requested in relation to the reasons for the proposed amendments in each case.
The Council AGREED the proposed amendments to the Scheme of Delegation as detailed on the basis that an amended copy would be circulated to all Members in due course.
18. Timetable of Meetings
(i) Timetable of Meetings for 2017
As agreed at the last meeting of the Council, there had been circulated amended Draft Timetable of Meetings for 2017 which took account of the issues raised by Members at that meeting.
The Council AGREED the proposed dates for meetings up to and including April 2017 and also AGREED IN PRINCIPLE the proposed dates for meetings for the remainder of 2017 on the basis that they would be submitted to the new Council for formal approval in May 2017.
(ii) Special Meeting of the Community Services Committee
The Council AGREED that a Special Meeting of the Community Services Committee should be scheduled for Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 2.00pm in order to allow consideration of the Transport Programme.
19. Deeds Executed
Sgrìobhainnean Lagha a Bhuilicheadh
It was NOTED that a list of deeds and other documents executed on behalf of the Council since the meeting held on 8 September 2016 were available in the Members’ Library and on the Council’s Website.
20. Exclusion of the Public
Às-dùnadh a’ Phobaill
The Council RESOLVED that, under Section 50A(4) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973, the public should be excluded from the meeting for the following item on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 6 of Part 1 of Schedule 7A of the Act.
21. Proposed Civic Recognition
Moladh airson Aithneachadh Catharra
There had been circulated to Members only Report No. HC/50/16 dated 27 September 2016 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which invited Members to consider conferring the Freedom of Beauly and the Glens.
The Council AGREED the recommendation as detailed.
The meeting ended at 4.40pm.
- Item 5 Highland Council Minutes - 8 September 2016 Report, 134.54 KB
- Item 5 Highland Council (Special Meeting) Minutes - 9 September 2016 Report, 40 KB
- Item 6 Badenoch and Strathspey Area Committee Minutes - 6 September 2016 Report, 59.4 KB
- Item 6 Nairnshire Committee Minutes - 21 September 2016 Report, 62.38 KB
- Item 6 Pensions Committee and Pensions Board Minutes - 22 September 2016 Report, 41.48 KB
- Item 6 Communities and Partnerships Committee Minutes - 28 September 2016 Report, 66.36 KB
- Item 6 Audit and Scrutiny Committee Minutes - 29 September 2016 Report, 42.57 KB
- Item 6 Isle of Skye and Raasay Committee Minutes - 3 October 2016 Report, 68.37 KB
- Item 6 Lochaber Committee Minutes - 19 October 2016 Report, 74.72 KB
- Item 7 Valuation Joint Board Minutes - 10 June 2016 Report, 32.4 KB
- Item 9i Question Time - Mrs L MacDonald Report, 9.12 KB
- Item 9ii Question Time - Mrs M Smith Report, 9.18 KB
- Item 9iii Question Time - Mrs G Sinclair Report, 9.04 KB
- Item 9iv Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 12.05 KB
- Item 9iv Housing Prospects - Lets and Pressure 2015-2016 Report, 132.57 KB
- Item 9v Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 9.4 KB
- Item 9vi Question TIme - Mr A Christie Report, 14.48 KB
- Item 9vii Question Time - Mr A Graham Report, 9.52 KB
- Item 11 Pre-Budget Statement Report, 1.01 MB
- Item 12 Annual Audit Report and Accounts Report, 88.6 KB
- Item 12 Annual Audit Report and Accounts Appendix 1 Report, 967.45 KB
- Item 12 Annual Audit Report and Accounts Appendix 2 Report, 3.33 MB
- Item 13a Redesign of the Highland Council Update of Redesign Board Activity Report, 55.76 KB
- Item 13b Redesign of the Highland Council (b) Future Management of Catering, Cleaning and Facilities Management/Janitorial Services Report, 45.64 KB
- Item 13b Background papers Report, 1.38 MB
- Item 14 Citizens Panel 2016 – Performance and Attitudes Survey Report, 149.6 KB
- Item 15 Internal Audit Review – Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme Report, 71.76 KB
- Item 16 Code of Corporate Governance 2016/17 Report, 75.7 KB
- Item 17 Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub-Committees and to Officers Report, 165.1 KB
- Item 18 Timetable of Meetings Report, 45.84 KB
- Item 19 Deeds Executed Report, 18.45 KB