Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Friday, 23 June 2017
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Friday, 23 June 2017 at 10.30 am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Depute Chief Executive/
Director of Corporate Development
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Recess Powers
The Committee is asked to note that the recess powers granted by the Council at its meeting on 9 March 2017 did not require to be exercised in relation to the business of the Nairnshire Committee.
4. Appointment of Chair
Suidheachadh de Chathraiche
Nominations are sought at the meeting for the position of Chair of the Nairnshire Committee.
5. Appointment of Provost
Cur an Dreuchd Pròbhaist
Nominations are sought for the position of Provost of Nairn.
6. Member Appointments – Inverness and Nairn Local Access Forum
Cur an Dreuchd
The Council has a statutory duty under Section 25 of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 to establish Local Access Forums for its area. There are currently six Local Access Forums in the Highland area which advise on matters in relation to the exercise of access rights, the existence of delineation of rights of way or the drawing up and adoption of the Core Path Plan. In addition, they also offer and give assistance to parties in terms of the resolution of any disputes in this respect.
The Committee is asked to appoint 1 Member to the Inverness and Nairn Local Access Forum.
7. Nairn Business Improvement District (BID)
A presentation will be given by the Project Manager for the proposed Nairn Business Improvement District (BID).
8. Nairn Common Good Fund – River Nairn Fishings
Maoin Math Coitcheann Inbhir Narann – Iasgach Abhainn Narann
There is circulated Report No N/5/17 dated 13 June 2017 by the Head of Corporate Governance.
The Committee is invited to:-
- Note that further enquiry has established that the fishings on the River Nairn fall to be considered as part of the Nairn Common Good Fund; and
- Agree that the fishings on the River Nairn are administered as part of the Nairn Common Good Fund.
9. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2016-17
Aithisg Coileanaidh Comataidh Sgìreil Smàlaidh agus Teasairginn na h-Alba airson 2016-17
There is circulated Report No N/6/17 dated 2 June 2017 by the Local Senior Officer for Highland (Scottish Fire and Rescue Service).
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and comment on the Area Performance Report.
10. Nairn Roads Maintenance Programme
Prògraman Càradh Rathaidean Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/7/17 dated 6 June 2017 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to approve the Nairn Roads Maintenance Programme for 2017/18.
11. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017
Aithisg Dèanadais Taigheadais – 1 Giblean 2016 gu 31 Mart 2017
There is circulated Report No N/8/17 dated 26 May 2017 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise the information provided on housing performance in the period 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
12. Minutes of Previous Meeting
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 20 February 2017, which were approved by the Council on 9 March 2017.
- Item 8. Nairn Common Good Fund – River Nairn Fishings Report, 16.11 KB
- Item 9. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2016-17 Report, 1.02 MB
- Item 10. Nairn Roads Maintenance Programme Report, 1.47 MB
- Item 11. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017 Report, 293.5 KB