Further opportunity for Highland Community Councils to be formed
Five Highland Community Councils did not form following the recent interim election as they failed to attract half the maximum membership and therefore were not established.
The Community Councils not formed with the maximum membership and vacancies are:
- Boat of Garten Community Council – max membership 7 – vacancies 4
- Conon Bridge Community Council – max membership 8 – vacancies 6
- Culloden Community Council – max membership 9 – vacancies 6
- East Nairnshire Community Council – max membership 8 – vacancies 8
- Shieldaig Community Council – max membership 8 – vacancies 8
A further 3 Community Councils were put in state of abeyance following resignation of members:
- Acharacle Community Council – max membership 8 – vacancies 5
- Cradlehall and Westhill Community Council – max membership 12 – vacancies 7
- Melvich Community Council - max membership 8 – vacancies 5
The Highland Council will run another interim election to give an opportunity for these 8 Communities listed above to form in 2022.
The Notice of Election has been published today on the Council’s website
Community Councils are voluntary organisations that express the views and concerns of local people within their area across a wide range of issues from new buildings and roads to local services and facilities. The scheme for the establishment of Community Councils can be downloaded from www.highland.gov.uk/elections
Anyone aged 16 years and over, registered as an elector on the local government electoral register and resident in their community council area can put themselves forward.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted in person or by email to the appropriate Ward Manager and must be received not later than 12noon on Monday 10 October 2022.
A Nomination Form can be obtained via: