13 candidates stand for Cairngorms National Park Authority elections.
There will be a contest in four of the five communities within the Cairngorms National Park area entitled to have a representative on the Board of the Park Authority.
The uncontested ward is Moray (Ward 4) with the main communities of Cockbridge, Glenlivet, Strathdon and Tomintoul. The successful candidate - who will be declared elected from 19 March 2015 is Eleanor Christina MacKintosh, Tombreckachie Farm, Glenlivet, Ballindalloch.
A total of 12 candidates will contest the other four wards. Ballot papers will be posted to all eligible electors in each of the four wards where there is a contest on Tuesday 24 February 2015, and must be returned by 4pm on Thursday 19 March 2015, if they are to be included in the counting of votes.
The counting of the votes will take place on Thursday 19 March 2015 commencing at 5pm at Aviemore Community Centre for Wards 1, 2 and 3; and the Victoria and Albert Halls in Ballater for Ward 5.
The candidates are:
Ward 1 - Highland/Perth & Kinross, (2,983 voters, main communities - Blair Atholl, Dalwhinnie, Kingussie, Laggan and Newtonmore).
- David John Fallows, Top Flat, McKenzie’s Butchers, Main Street, Newtonmore
- Ian Robert Lusk Gibson, Dail na Seilg,12 Loch na Leoba Road, Newtonmore, PH20 1BW
Ward 2 – Highland (3,101 voters, main communities - Aviemore, Boat of Garten, Coylumbridge and Feshiebridge).
- Neil Leonard Cockburn, 5 Spey Avenue, Boat of Garten PH24 3BE
- Alexander John (Commonly known as John) Grierson, 12 Morlich Place, Aviemore PH22 1TH
- William Martin (Commonly known as Willie) McKenna, 3 Dellmhor, Rothiemurchus, Aviemore PH22 1QW
Ward 3 – Highland (4,088 voters, main communities - Carrbridge, Cromdale, Grantown and Nethybridge).
- Rebecca Jane Badger, Birch Bank, Carr Road, Carrbridge PH23 3AD
- Ron MacWilliam, Mullinfenachan, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown On Spey PH26 3LZ
- Francis Thomas McKay, 46 Strathspey Drive, Grantown On Spey PH26 3EY
Ward 4 – Moray uncontested (956 voters, main communities - Cockbridge, Glenlivet, Strathdon and Tomintoul).
- Eleanor Christina (Commonly known as Eleanor) MacKintosh, Tombreckachie Farm, Glenlivet, Ballindalloch
Ward 5 - Aberdeenshire/Angus/Perth & Kinross (2,247 voters, main communities - Ballater and Braemar).
- Simon Blackett, Clunie Cottage, Invercauld, Braemar AB35 5XQ
- Katrina Anne Farquhar, Kirkstile, Logie Coldstone, Aboyne AB34 5PQ
- David William Geddes, Firbank, Kindrochit Drive, Braemar AB35 5YW
- Jocelyn Margery (Commonly known as Jos) Milner, Balhallach Cottage, Girnoc, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5SR
The total electorate is 14,867.
Elections are held every four years to elect 5 community representatives to serve on the board of the Cairngorms National Park Authority. One community member will be elected for each of the 5 wards within the national park area. For further information visit: www.highland.gov.uk/cnpa