Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
What to do if your circumstances change
A change in your circumstances can affect how much rent and Council Tax you have to pay and the amount of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction you are entitled to.
Examples of changes which you must tell us about are:
- Change of address
- People moving in or out of your home
- You or your partner start work
- You or your partner's pay or working hours change
- Your child leaves school, education or training
- Your savings go up or down
- Your childcare arrangements change
- You start or stop claiming another benefit or the amount you get changes
- You claim benefit because of a health condition or disability and your health or condition changes
If your circumstances have changed or are about to change, you must tell us immediately in order to avoid having to pay money back to us.