Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

If you think your benefit is wrong

If you disagree with a decision about your claim, you should let us know immediately, there are time limits. You should contact us within one calendar month of the date of the letter that told you about our decision.

You can:

  • Ask for an explanation of how we calculated your benefit
  • Ask us to look at the decision again
  • Appeal against the decision
  • Ask for a hearing by a tribunal, administered by the Tribunals Service