Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

Private tenants

Local Housing Allowance is a way of working out Housing Benefit for tenants renting from a private landlord. It is not based on the property in which you live. It is based on:

  • Who lives with you
  • Which area you live in

Find out about Local Housing Allowance

Find out the rules

Housing association, registered charity or voluntary organisation tenants

If you receive care, support or supervision from your Landlord or someone acting on your Landlords behalf you may be entitled to more Housing Benefit. The care, support or supervision provided by your Landlord or someone acting on their behalf must be more than the minimal support usually provided by a Landlord. If this applies to you please complete the Care, Support or Supervision Application form.