Development guidance - Developer Contributions
Developer contributions are financial contributions made by developers to address the implications of new development for services and infrastructure. Developer contribution costs should be budgeted for when buying land for development and working out project costs. Ahead of submitting a planning application all developers should use our Pre-Application Advice Service to receive an estimate.
Draft Supplementary Guidance - Consultation
We have prepared draft guidance on developer contributions for consultation. This leaflet provides an overview. The guidance is a material consideration in the determination of planning applications and covers all types and scales of development, including single house developments.
Submit your feedback by Friday 9 March 2018 and this will inform the preparation of the finalised guidance which is intended to be adopted as part of the Development Plan in mid-late 2018.
Adopted Supplementary Guidance
The adopted Developer Contributions Supplementary Guidance (March 2013) remains part of the Development Plan until it is replaced following the adoption of the new draft guidance. We also outline infrastructure and developer contribution requirements for particular areas in the following:
- Area Local Development Plans and their Action / Delivery Programmes which identify settlement wide and site specific developer requirements.
- Area specific guidance listed in our Developer Guidance A-Z which includes:
- City Centre Development Brief covering public realm, travel/parking, affordable housing and open space etc.
- Torvean & Ness Side Development Brief and Inverness East Development Brief requiring contributions towards major infrastructure for the west and east of the city.
- Inshes and Milton of Leys Development Brief, Inshes and Raigmore Development Brief and the Inverness Southern Distributor Road (SDR) Agreement requiring contributions towards major infrastructure for the south of the city.
- Muirtown and South Kessock Development Brief and the Longman Core Development Brief which look to regenerate these parts of the city.
- Dingwall Developer Contributions which requires financial contributions towards the Kinnairdie Link Road.
- Education Infrastructure Report to the 16 August 2017 Places Committee agreed with immediate effect that school contributions within the Inverness Associated Schools Groups’ catchment areas will be subject to new build equivalent rates in line with paragraph 3.48-3.49 of the adopted Developer Contributions Supplementary Guidance. When assessed against the school roll forecasts, any housing development that contributes to a clear need for new primary and/or secondary schools within the relevant catchment, will be required to pay the new-build rates plus associated new school land costs. These rates apply to housing developments excluding those determined prior to 16 August 2017 with a 'minded to grant' planning permission committee decision or where the Section 75 legal agreement detailed heads of terms have been issued by THC Legal Services. These rates also apply within areas covered by an existing Development Brief.
- Education developer contributions are informed by the school roll forecasts. These have been informed by the School Pupil Product Ratio Review, September 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further information.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
As with all plans, policies and strategies we produce, our supplementary guidance has been subject to a Strategic Environmental Assessment to assess the level of significance of any environmental impacts.