Top tips for the home
25 October - 1 November is National Recycling Week- find out what you can do.
There are a number of simple steps we can all take to reduce, reuse and recycle much of the waste we produce in our homes.
- Choose less packaged goods
- Buy concentrated products that use less packaging
- Try repairing your household items rather than throwing them away
- Try to hire rather than buy items you will only use once or twice
- Cut down on unwanted mail
- Donate unwanted goods to charity
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Avoid disposable nappies - Highland Real Nappy Project