Working for us
We are committed to making sure you will not receive any less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation or, for any other non job related factor.
Disability Confident Employer
As a Disability Confident Employer we aim to remove barriers to recruitment that disabled people and those with a long-term health condition may face and aim to ensure that individuals can fulfil their potential. Our commitments are:
- To guarantee an interview to all applicants with a disability - provided they meet the minimum qualifying criteria for the particular vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To consult with disabled employees on an annual basis, to ensure they can develop and use their abilities at work
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to retain them in employment
- To improve knowledge, to ensure that key employees develop the awareness of disability required to make the above commitments work effectively
- To review these commitments annually to check what has been achieved, plan ways to improve and to advise employees about progress and future plans
- To provide on request, a large print, audio tape, Braille, computer disk, or suitable language version of an application form
In order for you to benefit from our commitments you should indicate that you have a disability under the relevant section of the application form and let us know if you have any special requirements for interview. If the post you are applying for requires extensive travelling and you do not have a driving licence, you should have access to personal transport in order to fulfil this requirement.
Equality and Human Rights Commission Scotland offers advice and information.
Armed Forces Covenant Employer
We have also been awarded the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award.
Highland Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills acquired during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government All applicants who indicate they have been a member of the Armed Forces or are a spouse/partner or dependent of Armed Forces personnel who meet the essential requirements for the vacancy will be offered a guaranteed interview.