The first responsibility for protecting property lies with the property owner.
If a flood happens, we will try to help those most at risk, including vulnerable members of the community. Contact us if you are aware that a frail or vulnerable person is affected. We will also try to make filled sandbags available to those vulnerable to flooding for collection from suitable locations.
Contact us about flooding:
- 01349 886601
- Out of Hours 01349 886690
Sources of advice and information:
- Useful numbers in the event of an emergency
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- Current flood warnings across the Highlands
- Scottish Flood Forum - Flooding fact sheets
- FloodRe - Leaflet
- Emergency Kit and Household Plan - Leaflet
- Managing Flood Risks in the Highlands [PDF booklet]
Dingwall Flooding - July/August 2019
Following the flooding in Dingwall in July and August 2019 and subsequent public meeting held at the Council Offices in Dingwall on Tuesday 6th August. The Council committed to addressing the various questions raised both in the immediate aftermath of the flooding and at the meeting itself. The following document provides a comprehensive list of questions raised and responses by the various agencies involved.
SEPA have provided a technical briefing note which summarises what happened during the flooding events in July and August 2019