Inverness parking permits
We issue parking permits for residents, visitors and businesses to allow parking on roads close to their home or business while excluding vehicles without permits. The scheme does not guarantee a parking space and the online service is currently only offered in Inverness.
You must apply online for an Inverness Permit. If you need help, please contact staff at our Inverness Service Point.
This scheme does not guarantee the availability of a parking space or a space outside your home. The permit only entitles you to park if space is available.
Cost - Inverness
- Resident's or visitor permits £58, valid for 12 months
- Senior Citizens resident’s or visitor's permit £28
- Lost or damaged permits, £28
- Disabled badge holders - free residents parking permit
- Business and business visitor permits costs £185 and are valid for 12 months.
- Lost or damaged business permits £92
Before you start
You will need:
- A scanned or photographed copy of your vehicle registration document registered at your current address (not applicable if you are applying for a visitor's permit only)
- All current terms and conditions
If your application is refused, your payment will be refunded. However,issued permits are non-refundable under normal circumstances
Change of vehicle
If you have changed your vehicle and still have a valid residential permit, please bring your permit and vehicle registration document into Inverness Service Point and we will replace it for you.
Changes to Riverside West parking areas
As part of the River Ness flood prevention scheme and the new Decriminalised Parking Scheme, permit parking has been changed to allow residents and businesses with permits to park in designated permit parking areas in these streets:
- Area A (Douglas Row, Glebe Street)
- Area B (Balnain Street, Celt Street, Friars Place, Huntly Street, Queen Street, Bell Tower, Huntly Terrace)
- Area C (Alexander Place, Ardross Place, Ardross Terrace, Ardross St, May Court, Tomnahurich St, Kenneth St No.1-17)
You can also apply for parking space in our Rose Street multi-storey car park.