Reasons for getting a Penalty Charge Notice
The contravention code on your penalty charge notice lets you know why you received it.
Here are some common examples
- 01 - Parked on a length of yellow line and loading activities were not observed.
- 02 - Vehicle was parked at a length of yellow line with kerb markings when waiting is not allowed.
- 05 - Purchased parking time had expired.
- 07 - More parking time was purchased, after the maximum stay had been reached and the vehicle had not moved.
- 11 - Parked without payment of the parking charge.
- 16 - Parked in a permit space without displaying a valid permit.
- 20 - Parking in a loading gap marked by a yellow line.
- 21 - The ticket was issued for parking in a suspended parking place.
- 22 - The vehicle was re-parked in the same place within the no return period.
- 23 - The vehicle may have been parked in a motorcycle or City Car Club bay.
- 24 - The vehicle was not parked correctly within the bay markings.
- 30 - Staying for longer than allowed in a free parking place.
- 40 - Vehicle was parked in a disabled parking place without displaying a valid disabled blue badge.
- 42 - Parking in a parking place for police vehicles.
- 47 - Vehicle was parked in a bus stop.