Common good asset register
A number of the former Burghs in the Highland region had already established and operated Common Good Funds. We have now completed the consultation process on the lists of property proposed to be included in the Highland Common Good Asset Register within those former Burgh areas. This includes buildings, land, artwork, regalia and funds. Any representations received have been responded to and can be seen from the related download link below.
Common Good Asset Register
For ease of reference, the Register has been divided into the separate former Burghs and can be accessed from the link below.
The Asset Register is a living document and will be reviewed regularly in accordance with our guidance. It will be amended if any new property is identified or if any existing property is disposed of or reclassified.
If property is identified as possibly being Common Good in a former Burgh that has not previously had a Common Good Fund, we will conduct a stand alone consultation process in accordance with the legislation to establish a register in that area.
We are now undertaking investigations into the remaining Highland former Burgh areas with a view to identifying potential Common Good property in those areas and consulting on lists of porperty to include in the Highland Common Good Asset Register. Potential Common Good property has now been identified in Grantown on Spey and a consultation has been commenced.
Sara Murdoch, Highland Council, Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX
- Common good asset register
- Fortrose Caravan Park consultation
- Common Good Asset Register consultation representations and responses
- Dornoch common good fund Royal Dornoch Golf Club consultation
- Dornoch Links food van consultation
- Nairn Links Tearoom and old store consultation
- Sandown Lands, Nairn consultation
- Wick Common Good Fund
- Wildlife Pond Kiosk, Tain Links consultation
- Kingussie Common Good Fund
- Process for disposal or change of use of Common Good property
- Grantown on Spey Common Good Fund
- Dornoch Common Good small land sales proposals
- Kingussie Common Good Market Stance Playing Field consultation
- Grant Street Yard and Store, Nairn consultation
- Links Kiosk, Nairn Links consultation
- Bignold House, Wick Common Good consultation