The Commando Memorial
The Commando Memorial is held in high regard and is recognised as a place of National and International importance. It is maintained in memory of and as a tribute to those Commandos who gave their lives in the Second World War and during more recent conflicts.
It is supported through financial donations from the visiting public and we look after the memorial site with the aim of retaining the dignity and purpose of the Commando Memorial.
A new area has been created specifically for the scattering of ashes adjacent to the Garden of Remembrance.
We ask that family and friends wishing to place small memorials and plaques in the memorial garden kindly ensure that plaques measure no more than 6 inches by 4 inches, are made from weather-proof material and are held securely by a ground stake. Due to the severity of the Highland weather, items left in the garden can deteriorate quickly. Therefore, we will, on occassion, with dignity and integrity remove and dispose of items that have deteriorated. We respectively ask that no soft toys are left at the site for this reason.
If you have any further questions on the use of the memorial garden please contact:The Highland Council
Charles Kennedy Building
Fort William PH33 6RQ
Phone: 01397 707231
- Nairn Sailing Club consultation
- Invergordon Common Good consultation
- Fortrose Caravan Park consultation
- Common Good Asset Register consultation representations and responses
- Dornoch common good fund Royal Dornoch Golf Club consultation
- Common Good Fund Policy
- Policy for disposal or lease of Common Good property for less than market value
- Dornoch Links food van consultation
- Nairn Links Tearoom and old store consultation
- Sandown Lands, Nairn consultation
- Wick Common Good Fund
- Wildlife Pond Kiosk, Tain Links consultation
- Kingussie Common Good Fund
- Process for disposal or change of use of Common Good property
- New look Spring/Summer menu - 2021
- Public Consultation – proposed designs to link the communities of Lochloy in Nairn and the A96 retail park via the Balmakeith Industrial Estate