Consultations and petitions
First notification in response to the proposed removal of public pay phones in Highland
First Notification: The Highland Council
Notification under section 49(4) of the Communications Act 2003
Draft decision by The Highland Council in response to a proposal by BritishTelecommunications plc for the removal of public call boxes pursuant to Part 2 of the Schedule to a Direction published by Ofcom on 14 March 2006 (‘the Direction’).
1. The Highland Council, in accordance with section 49(4) of the Communications Act 2003 (’the Act’), hereby make the following draft decision in response to a proposal by British Telecommunications plc for the removal of public call boxes pursuant to Part 2 of the Direction.
2. The draft decision is set out in the Schedule to this Notification.
3. The effect of, and The Highland Council reasons for making, the draft decision is set out in the Schedule to this Notification.
4. The Highland Council consider that the draft decision complies with the requirements of sections 45 to 50 of the Act, as appropriate and relevant to the proposal.
5. In making the draft decision, The Highland Council has considered and acted in accordance with the six community requirements in section 4 of the Act.
6. Representations may be made to The Highland Council about the draft decision by 5pm on 8th of December.
7. A copy of this Notification has been sent to the Secretary of State in accordance with section 50(1)(b) of the Act.
8. The Schedule to this Notification shall form part of this Notification.