Home energy saving
Improving your home’s energy efficiency can help save money on fuel bills and provide a more comfortable home. Other tips include:
- Turning down your thermostat and reducing room temperature by 1°C could cut home energy usage by as much as 10 per cent
- Check for draughts around windows and doors
- Never leave appliances on standby
- Use energy saving light bulbs
- Look for the Energy Saving Trust Recommended label to find products that will save you the most energy in your home
It is also important that you read your meters regularly and provide your supplier with up-to-date readings. For information on understanding your energy bill, please visit Which? or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
To obtain free impartial energy advice, please contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.
You can also search the Scottish grants and discounts database to find out what help you may be entitled to.