Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to receive help with your rent or Council Tax. If you have school children, this form will also assess you for school meals and clothing grant.

Apply once

Universal Credit

If you are of working age and you are intending to make a new claim for Housing Benefit and live in the following postcode areas you must now claim help towards your rent as part of your Universal Credit claim. Universal Credit doesn't include help for Council Tax. If you pay Council Tax please complete an online application to see if you are eligible to receive Council Tax Reduction.

If you are aged 18 - 21 years

Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to Universal Credit towards your rent.

Postcodes affected

IV1 1, IV1 3, IV1 9, IV10 8, IV11 8, IV12 4, IV12 5, IV12 9, IV13 7, IV2 3, IV2 4, IV2 5, IV2 6, IV2 7, IV21 2, IV22 2, IV26 2, IV3 5, IV3 8, IV4 7, IV5 7, IV54 8, IV63 6, IV63 7, IV8 8, IV9 8, PH19 1, PH20 1, PH21 1, PH22 1, PH23 3, PH24 3, PH25 3, PH26 3, PH26 9, PH32 4

Apply for Universal Credit

Making the most of your income

There are various benefits which make sure everyone has a reasonable level of income. These include other Council Tax discounts, Blue Badge and other benefits.

Please contact our Welfare Support Team using the details below for help.

Transcript of video "Paying by direct debit"

Is there anything wrong with this page?