Outdoor access


For information about recreational access rights, as provided by the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003, in the Highlands please email access@highland.gov.uk or one of the area contacts listed below.

A range of matters like dog fouling, litter, pavement defects, play park damage etc. can be reported through our website.

Officers are currently working from home due to the Covid-19, please email only during this time.

Caithness and Sutherland

Matt Dent
Access Officer
The Highland Council
KW10 6TA

Phone: 01408 635377  (working at home, please use email in first instance)
Email: matt.dent@highland.gov.uk

Ross and Cromarty

Phil Waite
Outdoor Access and Long Distance Route Manager
Council Offices
High Street
IV15 9QN

Phone: 01349 868431 (working at home, please use email in first instance)
Email: philip.waite@highland.gov.uk

Inverness, Nairn and Lochaber (also Badenoch and Strathspey outside of the Cairngorm National Park)

Stewart Eastaugh
Access Officer

Email: stewart.eastaugh@highland.gov.uk 

Skye, Lochalsh, Morar and SW Ross

Mark Crowe
Access Officer

Email: mark.crowe@highland.gov.uk
Access officer area map june 2020