A safe natural harbour, Kinlochbervie is within easy steaming distance of the prolific fishing grounds of the North and West Coast of Scotland. This minimises steaming time and fuel costs and maximises fishing time for expensive boats and gear.
Fish is sold through the port’s auction market by the Kinlochbervie Fish Selling Company, which provide a comprehensive service, including supply of ice, stores and fishing gear. Modern refrigerated transport is available to take fish to destinations in the rest of the UK and Europe.
Latitude 58° 27.50’ N
Longitude 05° 03.90’ W
All waters below the level of MHWS forming the approaches of Loch Clash, Loch inchard, Loch Bervie and Achriesgill Bay within the boundary commencing at:
- Latitude 58° 27.087’ N, Longitude 05° 04.603’W; thence in a WNW’ly direction for a distance of 15 metres to:
- The Easternmost point of Eilean Dubh – Latitude 58° 27.093’ N, Longitude 05° 04.616’ W; thence in a N’ly direction for a distance of 705 metres to:
- The Westernmost point of Rubha na Leacaig – Latitude 58° 27.470’ N, Longitude 05° 04.631’ W; thence in a NNE’ly direction for a distance of 823 metres to:
- The Easternmost point of Eilean A’Chonnaidh – Latitude 57° 50.202’ N, Longitude 03° 49.634’ W; thence in a NNE’ly direction for a distance of 210 metres to:
- Latitude 58° 28.014’ N, Longitude 05° 04.435’ W on the level of MHWS
- Telehandler (Currently not available)
- Laundrette and showers
Berthing is available more or less anywhere in the harbour, Old Fishmarket Quay, New Fishmarket (preferably at weekends) East Wall and North Wall. Wooden Pier berthing is available only for fuelling and ice.
The existing pontoon development that was completed in March 2009 has been further extended in 2013 to accommodate the growing number of visiting yachts and other pleasure craft. The extension was gratefully joint funded by The Highland Council Harbours and The Highland Council LEADER programme.
The pontoons can now accommodate an additional 4 visitor berths.
East pontoons available (no power or water)
West pontoons available (with power and water)
East wall access steps – berthing is for emergency access only.
Types of vessel
Maximum vessel size
Length 75 metres
Beam 20 metres
Draft 4 metres (minimum)
9.5 metres (maximum)
Draft alongside pier
MHWS 9.5 metres
MLWS 3.9 metres
MHWN 8.0 metres
MLWN 5.5 metres
Information on this website is not to be used for navigational purposes. Harbour Masters should always be contacted prior to vessels approaching the harbour.
Due to circumstances beyond our control there are no permanent harbour staff currently available at the harbour, please direct any enquiries to 07901 514350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacant, Harbour Master
- Office: 01971 521235
- Mobile: 07901 514350
Vacant, Assistant Harbour Master
For all enquiries you can contact us by email at: email@example.com