Portree is situated off the Sound of Raasay. Portree harbour has a sheltered deep water anchorage which provides good shelter from all winds.
Portree has a diverse shipping clientele and is a popular destination for cruise liners.
During the summer months cruise liners land their passengers. The harbour is also home to a flourishing fishing fleet and a busy salmon farming industry.
Latitude 57° 24.66’ North
Longitude 06° 11.33’ West
All waters below the level of MHWS in Loch Portree commencing at:
- A point 500 metres ESE of Sron a’Bhainne at Latitude 57° 25.471’ N, Longitude 06° 08.980’ W; thence in a SSE’ly direction for a distance of 2,170 metres to:
- A point 100 metres NW of Udairn – Latitude 57° 24.362’ N, Longitude 06° 08.317’ W, on the level of MHWS
- Waste oil reception facilities
- Fuel, water, lubricants and filters are available on the fishery pier from the harbour office.
This is the main general purpose berth and is used by everyone. During the day it is in use for fuelling, landing fish, loading salmon feed, watering and storing.
Ahead of the main berth and is restricted by its depth. It is used as a mooring berth.
Used for small passenger launches and fish landing.
An annex to the main pier which can be used for passenger embarkation at extreme low water or as a landing pontoon for visiting yachts. Maximum stay on this berth is 2 hours. During cruise liner activities this berth is classified as a temporary restricted area under ISPS regulations and is closed for public use.
Visitor moorings are operated by Portree moorings association and have a minimum weight restriction of 8 tonnes.
Information on this website is not to be used for navigational purposes. Harbour Masters should always be contacted prior to vessels approaching the harbour.
Types of vessel
- Fishing vessel
- Customs cutters
- Fishery protection vessels
- Royal navy
Latitude 57° 24.79’ North
Longitude 06° 09.64’ West
Vessels carrying hazardous cargoes should give twelve hours confirmed notice to the Harbour Master.
Diving in the harbour is forbidden unless a permit is obtained from the harbour office.
Sergjes Vozmitels (Harbour Master)
- Email: Sergejs.Vozmitels@highland.gov.uk
- Office: 01478 612926
- Mobile: 07876 577891