Phase 12 works Autumn 2021 - works are now complete
Geo-rope Ltd has finished the planned maintenance works to the rock slopes above the A890 on the south shore of Loch Carron. The site cabins were removed on Wednesday the 8 December and traffic management is no longer in place.
Options appraisal recommended route -
Glen Udalain to Attadale - Public meetings in Achmore and Lochcarron
The "drop in and catch up" sessions which were planned for 19 and 20 March 2020 have been cancelled. This follows guidance from The Highland Council's Chief Executive that planned public meetings should be suspended due to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
These sessions will be rescheduled and the consultation period shall be extended.
A rock fall in December 2011 resulted in the closure of the A890 at the Stromeferry Bypass for several months. The closure led to major disruption with motorists facing a 130-mile diversion.
31 route options located in 6 route corridors were identified during a pre-appraisal study period. These were sifted to 17 route options. A shortlist was established to take forward to a second stage of more detailed appraisal.
- 2 northern routes with either a tunnel or bridge across Strome Narrows
- 5 online options with either a viaduct, tunnel, extended avalanche shelter and shared use rail or road or do minimum on the existing line of the road
- 1 southern route through Glen Udalain
- 1 renewable energy option
The detailed appraisal of these routes is still underway.
- Draft report of the outcomes was presented to local communities
- Presentation from public exhibitions
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road asset management
- Harbour downloads
- Public transport contracts awarded 2017
- Stromeferry bypass weekly updates
- Uig Harbour Redevelopment
- Stromeferry Options Working Group
- Route Options Plan
- Public Consultation – proposed designs to link the communities of Lochloy in Nairn and the A96 retail park via the Balmakeith Industrial Estate