Advice and guidance
If you are doing building work or home improvements the Building Standards Customer Journey is an easy to follow guide to the Building Standards process.
- Advice on building work or home improvements from The Scottish Government
- Leaflets and guidance
- You can also use our Development Enquiry Service for further advice on whether your proposed works require a an application for Building Warrant. Please note there is charge for this service, find out more on our fees page.
- Make a building standards application using eBuildingStandards.scot
- The Scottish Government increased statutory building standards fees on 1 July 2017 - Details of the changes can be found in The Building (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Scotland( Regulations 2017 and the 3rd Edition, Version 1.5 of the Procedural Handbook
- Find out more about Building Standards Fees
Our building standards policy notes give customers advice on how we will deal with a variety of issues.
- View all our policy notes
- Local Authority Building Standards Scotland is our national building standards organisation, and they have also produced a number of policies.
If you need further help, please contact us.