Planning enforcement

Planning enforcement rights of appeal

If you have been served with a notice you may have a right of appeal to the Scottish Government.

The notice will state if an appeal is possible and the timescales involved, but in general you only have a right of appeal against the following types of notice:

  • Planning, listed building and advertisement enforcement notices
  • Advertisement discontinuance notices 
  • Amenity notices (formerly known as wasteland notices) 
  • Tree replacement notices

Make an appeal

Enforcement appeals should be sent directly to the Scottish Government and not to us.

View current or historic enforcement appeals