Find out if you need planning permission
- Use our Development Enquiry service to find out if you need planning permission or a building warrant.
- Visit our planning guidance and advice pages to help you find out what permissions you may need.
- Find out the Cost of applying for planning permission
- Visit our Road Construction Consent page to find out if your development proposal requires this consent.
- You can also visit our Street names and house numbers page to find out more about registering a new address for a residential, commerical or industrial development
If you do find out you need planning permission and would like to receive advice an information on your development proposal, check out our Pre-application advice service.
- You can now login to your ePlanning.scot account and the new eBuildingStandards.scot site from one site: www.eDevelopment.scot
- Before you can make applications, you will need to create an account
- What drawings and information you should submit with your application
- How to use ePlanning.scot to apply for planning permission online
- Aquaculture - advice and application forms
Paper applications are available here and should be sent to our ePlanning centre at Headquarters (address below) for processing. Please do not submit paper applications to area offices or service points. This also applies to additional or supporting documentation you may need to send to us in relation to existing planning applications.
Section 42 applications
To make an application use the ePlanning.scot Portal:
- Select the planning permission form
- Then select further application in the type of application section
If you want to submit this in paper, you should use the Planning Permssion Forms Package and submit as a further application.
If you are submitting an application for major development, you must submit a Proposal of Application Notice at least 12 weeks before the date you are intending to submit your planning application.
- Read our check-list of what needs to be included in your Proposal of Application Notice
- Read our major developments pre-application guide
Submitting additional information
If you have additional information you would like to provide in connection with a submitted application, you can submit follow up documentation to us electronically using a new online form within the new ePlanning.scot portal.
The online form in the portal is called Post Submission Additional Documents (PSAD) and should be used to submit the following:
- Planning Application additional documents
- Notice of Review Application additional documents
- Appeal a Refusal or other decision additional documents
- Appeal a Notice additional documents
Even though the original applications (below) cannot be made using ePlanning.scot, you can still use the PSAD online form on the ePlanning.scot Portal to submit follow up documents for:
- Development Enquiry additional documents (Even though original application cannot be made via the
- Pre-application Advice additional documents
When submitting additional information please make sure:
- Quote your original application reference number on any documents you send
- Include a scale bar on all plans
- Plans should be correctly named, for example, "elevation", "site plan", "floor plan"
- Revised plans should use the original description and be correctly titled as such, drawing number followed by 'Rev A/B/C as appropriate' and include a date of the revision
- The date you send any additional information should be clearly marked on plans
- Requests for minor changes must also be sent to our ePlanning Centre
If you are unable to use the PSAD online form in the new portal, you can email or post the information to our ePlanning Centre. Contact details are further down this page.
For guidance on how to submit applications using the ePlanning.scot portal you can read how to use ePlanning.scot.