View planning applications
We are taking steps to allow us to continue to deliver our services for the duration of the COVID-19 situation. The further restriction introduced in January 2021 has implications on our current ability to deliver services. Read the details of our full position.
We are no longer operating under business as usual in order to focus on priority and statutory services. Staff will be working remotely, so capacity and access to our usual systems will be significantly limited. It may therefore take longer to process planning applications, building warrants, and related aspects of the Planning and Building Standards service including customer queries, complaints and public comments during this period. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.H
Due to ongoing IT issues SEPA are currently unable to respond to planning consultations. This has resulted in an extremely reduced ability for them to engage in the Planning application process, and as a consequence this has impacted on our ability to process Planning applications and provide advice where SEPA involvement is required.
Anyone can use the site to view planning applications but to save searches and track applications, you must create a user account.
Highland ePlanning provides a variety of methods to allow you to find the information you are looking for:
- Basic search - search for applications, appeals or enforcements according to some entered text. Associated documents are available from the documents tab. When an application has been withdrawn no associated documents are visible.
- Advanced search - search according to a wide combination of factors
- Map search - search using an interactive map tool
- Property search - search for a particular property to which applications may apply
We also publish the following weekly lists of planning applications:
- Planning applications 18 June 2021
- Delegated decisions 11 June 2021
- Screening and Scoping applications 22 June 2021
- Proposal of application notices
You can make a representation on an application, whether to object, to support or make a general comment, within 21 days of the date that the application was either registered with the Council, when you were notified as a neighbour, or where it was advertised by us, whichever is the later. Find out more about how to submit a comment on a planning application from our Comments page.