View planning applications
Highland Council Public Access is an online tool that lets you find and comment on current and historical planning applications in Highland. It provides up-to-date access to our planning database and all information entered onto the system is immediately available with some necessary restrictions.
Everyone can use the site to view and search for planning applications, but to make a comment, save searches and/or track applications, you must Register your details.
Full guidance on how to Register and make a Comment on an application, can be found in our Guide to using Highland Council Public Access
Highland Council Public Access provides a variety of methods to allow you to find the information you are looking for:
- Basic search - search for applications, appeals or enforcements according to some entered text. Associated documents are available from the documents tab. When an application has been withdrawn no associated documents are visible.
- Advanced search - search according to a wide combination of factors
- Map search - search using an interactive map tool
- Property search - search for a particular property to which applications may apply
We also publish the following weekly lists of planning applications:
- Planning applications 29 July 2022
- Delegated decisions 22 July 2022
- Screening and Scoping applications 2 August 2022
- Proposal of application notices
You can make a representation on an application, whether to object, to support or make a general comment, within 21 days of the date that the application was either, registered with the Council, when you were notified as a neighbour, or where it was advertised by us, whichever is the later. Find out more on how to submit a comment on our Comment on planning applications page
If you have any technical difficulties when using:
- ePlanning (ePlanning.scot)
- eBuilding Standards (eBuildingStandards.scot)
- The Highland Council Public Access Site (http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/)
To help resolve the problem, please include:
- Screenshots of the issue (desirable) - Paste into a word document and attach to the online complaints form as they help us to resolve issues more quickly
- A description of what you were trying to do on our site when the issue occurred (essential)
- Date and time the issue occurred (essential)