View planning applications
Highland Council Public Access is an online tool that lets you find and comment on current and historical planning applications in Highland. It provides up-to-date access to our planning database and all information entered onto the system is immediately available with some necessary restrictions.
Everyone can use the site to view and search for planning applications, but to make a comment, save searches and/or track applications, you must Register your details.
Search for planning applications
Find out more on how to submit a comment on our Comment on planning applications page
Please note: Public Access will be unavailable on Tuesday 4 April to allow for essential maintenance.
Highland Council Public Access provides a variety of methods to allow you to find the information you are looking for:
- Basic search - search for applications, appeals or enforcements according to some entered text. Associated documents are available from the documents tab. When an application has been withdrawn no associated documents are visible.
- Advanced search - search according to a wide combination of factors
- Map search - search using an interactive map tool
- Property search - search for a particular property to which applications may apply
We also publish the following weekly lists of planning applications:
- Planning applications 17 March 2023
- Delegated decisions 10 March 2023
- Screening and Scoping applications 21 March 2023
- Proposal of application notices
Historic weekly lists of planning applications and delegated decisions
Search planning applications either validated or decided in a given time period
Request copies of planning documents
If you wish to request copies of planning documents, this can be submitted using our online form, on the following link below. There is a fee for this service.
Request copies of Planning documents
- You may be able to view, or obtain copies of Planning applications from 2010 onwards free of charge by searching Planning - Applications on Public Access
- You may also be able to view summaries of Building Warrant submissions from 2010 onwards free of charge by using Building Standards - Applications on Public Access
If you have any technical difficulties when using:
- ePlanning (ePlanning.scot)
- eBuilding Standards (eBuildingStandards.scot)
- The Highland Council Public Access Site (http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/)
Please use this form to tell us about it
To help resolve the problem, please include:
- A description of what you were trying to do on our site when the issue occurred (essential)
- Date and time the issue occurred (essential)
- Screenshots of the issue (desirable) - Paste into a word document and attach to the online complaints form as they help us to resolve issues more quickly