Planning permission

Apply for a planning certificate for Premises Licence (Section 50)

According to Section 50 of the Licensing(Scotland) Act 2005, when someone wants to apply to the council for a premises licence to sell alcohol any application must be accompanied by a planning certificate.  A planning certificate shows:

  • Planning permission has been obtained for any development of the premises in connection with their proposed use as licensed premises
  • or that no such planning permission is required.

You will also require a Building Standards Certificate for a premises licence or for the confirmation of a provisional license.

Use the application forms links below to apply for these certificates.

There is a fee to deliver this service, please check our Other Planning and Environment Fees and Charges document for more details on how much you need to pay. 

You can apply for a Premises Licence from our Apply for a Licence - Liquor page.