Help with leaving employment
Access to Work
An Access to work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition to help you start work.
Job Centre Plus
Job Centre Plus is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. They can provide advice and help with finding a new job.
- Jobseeker Direct is a telephone service to help find the right job for you. Phone 0845 60 60 234 to register
- Job Centre Plus offices have Job Points (touch screen terminals) where you can see vacancies online
- Work trials is a trial in an actual job vacancy and is designed to encourage you to try a new job or if you are considering a change of career.
18-24 Year Old Age Group
Learning and Development - training for Highland Council staff
- Phone 01463 703050
- E mail email@example.com
- My online learning is our online training website for current staff
Linkedin is a professional networking website. Joining linkedin will give you access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights.
Online Job Search
The recruitment and employment confederation represents recruitment agencies and will help you to locate agencies in your local area.
Skills Development Scotland
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland to develop and apply their skills.
SDS can help you with careers related matters such as career direction, retraining, where to find careers information, how and where to look for jobs, creating a CV and advice on education and funding.
World of Work's website has career advice or phone 0808 100 1855 for further information.
Vacancies with other organisations
- Highlife Highland
- Inverness College UHI
- NHS external vacancies
- Scottish Fire and Rescue
- My Job Scotland
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Scottish Prison Service