Help with leaving employment

Money matters

18-24 Year Old Age Group

Hi-hope is an online resource for young people and provides advice about knowing your rights, if you are looking for a home of your own and money advice.

Benefit entitlement

If you need advice about benefits, pension or other financial assistance you may be entitled to, you can find this online:

Reviewing Tax Calculations

You may need tax advice following a redundancy package, or you may qualify for tax refunds depending on your circumstances.  There is information and access to all of the HMRC leaflets, help sheets, news releases and helpline numbers on their website;

  • Contact centres are open from 8am until 8pm most days, phone the helpline number 0345 300 3900.

Money advice

Our welfare support specialists provide  support for all matters relating to welfare benefits, personal budgeting support and other entitlements. Please contact our free, confidential and impartial staff on Freephone 0800 090 1004  or email to check  if you are missing out on benefits you might be entitled to, or personal budgeting advice.

The Money Advice Service offers free and impartial money advice to help improve your finances.  Their website provides, tools and calculators to help you keep track and plan ahead.

Money Advice work and redundancy is a useful section of The Money Advice website that provides information about making a redundancy plan and benefits you may be able to claim.

You can also receive support in person, over the phone and online. Tel 0300 500 5000 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm).

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice  is a good place to get information about benefits, how to deal with debt and find out what you are entitled to if you are made redundant.

Making a will

According to the The Law Society  research in 2014 revealed that 73 per cent of 16 - 54 year olds do not have a will, while 64 per cent of people over the age of 55 have made their final wishes clear in a will.

Making a will lets you decide what happens to your money, property and possessions after your death.

Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?