Permits for working on public roads

Apply for a road opening permit

This permit allows you to undertake minor work, such as creating a dropped kerb access, or installation of apparatus. You will have to make sure any contractor you employ is suitably qualified to work on the public road. Do not start work until you receive official permission from us.

Read the guidance before proceeding:

Have the following documents to hand:

  • Third party insurance documentation
  • Scanned copy of contractor's street works licence card

Apply for a permit