Permits for working on public roads

Design and construction of access to private houses from public roads

This guidance is for those submitting a planning application for a single house or a small group of houses where a new adopted road is not needed. It applies to houses in rural locations and in existing residential areas. 

The guidance covers a range of issues including access visibility, provision of service bays, drainage, flood risk and construction standards. 

Apply for access onto public roads