Highland Council public toilets
Our public conveniences are highly regarded by the communities of Highland. The facilities contribute to the Highland tourist economy and provide an essential amenity for residents, businesses and visitors. Locations and facilities of the public conveniences can be viewed on the map below. Other public organisations, community groups etc sometimes run public toilet facilities. If you have comments or complaints about a facility that is not listed on this website then it is not maintained or owned by The Highland Council.
Map of public toilets in Highland
Radar Key Accessible Toilets
The Highland Council offers toilets which can be accessed by the NKS/RADAR keys, for more information on the nationally recognised NKS/RADAR Key scheme please see the following link.
We work with external organisations to expand the provision of public conveniences in Highland through our Comfort Scheme grant programme. The scheme provides grants to pubs, restaurants, hotels and village halls to allow public use of their toilet facilities. The public convenience provision map details which facilities are offered through the Comfort Scheme grant programme.
Find out more information on becoming a Comfort Scheme Provider including grant details.
Outdoor Toilet Tips
- Follow this advice to protect the environment, respect others and reduce health risks
- Carry hand sanitiser and use once finished with your business
- Carry a disposable bag for used wipes/paper/personal hygiene products and dispose of responsibly
- When you wee do it 30 metres from any water source
- If you do a number two do it away from water sources, buildings, populated areas, and animals- dig a shallow hole and cover again when done or bag and dispose of responsibly
Mountaineering Scotland also provide guidance on where to go in the great outdoors.