Paying by Direct Debit
The most convenient way to pay your Council Tax is by Direct Debit.
You can pay:
- Lump sum payment on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month
- Weekly on a Friday
- Fortnightly on a Friday
- 10 monthly instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month from April to January (payment holiday February and March)
- 10 monthly instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month from April to June and September to March (payment holiday July and August)
- 10 monthly instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month from April to November and February to March (payment holiday December and January)
- 12 monthly instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month
- Quarterly instalments on the 1st of April, July, October and January
A Direct Debit mandate needs to be completed only once. After that, the correct amounts are collected each year.
To set up a direct debit online, you must be the person that is liable for the Council Tax account and the bank account holder.
You can set this up online
You will need to have the following information before you begin:
- Your Council Tax reference which can be found on your Council Tax bill
- Your Bank or Building Society name, address, account number and sort code (these details are usually found on your bank statement
If you are paying the bill for someone else, please fill out and return the form below:
Other ways to set up a direct debit
You can also phone us on 0800 393811. We offer instalment plans that give payment breaks in either July and August, December and January or February and March. To view our full range of payment options, see our direct debit form.
Once your Council Tax for the year is paid in full please do not cancel your Direct Debit instruction with your bank as we will not debit your account with further instalments until after the start of the next financial year. We will issue you with your new bill at least 14 days before deducting your first instalment for that year.
If you change your bank details
If you have changed your bank details, your bank will automatically update us with your new DD details. You should check your next statement to ensure this has transferred correctly. If for any reason you receive a reminder notice please contact us immediately.
- Nairn Sailing Club consultation
- Invergordon Common Good consultation
- Fortrose Caravan Park consultation
- Common Good Asset Register consultation representations and responses
- Dornoch common good fund Royal Dornoch Golf Club consultation
- Common Good Fund Policy
- Policy for disposal or lease of Common Good property for less than market value
- Dornoch Links food van consultation
- Nairn Links Tearoom and old store consultation
- Sandown Lands, Nairn consultation
- Wick Common Good Fund
- Wildlife Pond Kiosk, Tain Links consultation
- Kingussie Common Good Fund
- Process for disposal or change of use of Common Good property
- New look Spring/Summer menu - 2021