All parents and carers who have a child enrolled at a school are automatically members of the parent forum for that school. The parent forum can choose to set up a parent council to represent all of the parents.
In most schools parents and carers have set up a parent council to make their views known, and to work closely with the school.
The parent council must report back to the parent forum about what it is doing, at least once a year.
The role of the parent council is to:
- Support the school in its work with pupils
- Represent the views of all parents
- Encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- Report back to all the parents in the school (the parent forum)
- Play a role in the appointment of headteachers and deputy headteachers
- Support the school and pupils during school inspections
To find out more about your school's parent forum or council, please contact the headteacher at your school.
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools