Apply for school transport
Your child may be eligible for free school transport if they are:
- Under 8 and live more than 2 miles from school
- 8 or over and live more than 3 miles from school
- Have a medical condition or additional support needs that affects mobility
- Would have to walk a route which is considered by us to be unsafe for children to walk, even when accompanied by an adult
Note that transport will not necessarily be provided door-to-door and there may be a requirement to meet transport at a pickup point.
A printable version of the application form is available. Once fully completed, this should be returned to your school office. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
If your child does not qualify for school transport they may be able to travel free of charge on any registered public service using the under 22 Free Travel Scheme. Details of this can be found on the Highland Council Bus Pass and Travel Discounts page.
Inquiries and comments
If you have any inquiries, comments or complaints about your school transport, please contact email@example.com.
- School menus
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools
- School Handbooks - primary schools 2024-2025
- School Handbooks - secondary schools 2024-25
- School Handbooks - special schools 2024-2025