School Estate Management
A design masterplan has been prepared that will establish a long-term strategy for the redevelopment of the Culloden Academy campus and the eventual replacement of all of the existing buildings. The masterplan will be based on a new school building to be constructed in a phased manner and will take account of the expansion required due to the increase in roll numbers that is forecast to continue in the coming years.
The Council approved an increased budget of £19.2M in September 2021 that will allow a larger Phase 1 extension and refurbishment project to be delivered.
The Phase 1 extension will contain classrooms for Science, Art, and Home Economics, with the vacated areas in the main building refurbished for use as either classroom accommodation for other subjects, or converted for use as dining, social or other ancillary space. A new road junction off Barn Church Road on to the additional land area will also be constructed.
An initial phase of work was completed in 2021 that included the demolition of two vacant houses, the refurbishment and expansion of the pupil toilet facilities in the main building, the installation of six double-classroom modular units, outdoor shelters and catering unit.
Another phase of improvements was completed during the recent summer holiday period comprising the installation of a further seven modular classrooms and two PE changing rooms, along with internal improvements to the Craft, Design and Technology department, some of the PE changing areas and the Additional Support Needs department.
A Stakeholder Group has been established and the initial meeting took place in February 2021. Minutes of all Stakeholder Group meetings and other relevant information will be uploaded to the links below.
Latest Update – Pre-Planning Application Event
A public consultation event, with presentations at 4:30pm and 6pm was held at Culloden Academy on 17 November 2022. A further online event was held on MS Teams at 6pm on 22 November 2022.
Event information boards and a feedback form to comment on the proposals is available at the link below.
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools