Enrol your child for school
Enrolment in a school outside your catchment area
As a parent you have the right to ask for your child to be educated in a school other than the local school. This applies only to primary and secondary school and not to Early Learning and Childcare provision.
This request is called a placing request.
Pupils who attend a primary school as the result of a successful placing request might not automatically transfer to the associated secondary school. Parents should confirm with the primary school if their child will be automatically entitled to attend the associated secondary.
If you wish to make a placing request you must complete the online placing request application form. Your child must first be enrolled in their catchment primary school for the placing request to be assessed. If a placing request is granted, transport is the responsibility of the parents or guardians.
If you are unable to complete the placing request application form online, a paper copy of the form will be available from the school you wish your child to be placed in.
- School Meals
- School enrolment files and guidance
- Gaelic medium education
- School term dates
- Back to school
- Home education
- Broadford Primary School Stakeholder Group Meetings
- Nairn Academy Stakeholder Group Meetings
- School Standards and Quality reports - Primary 2021-2022
- School handbooks - Primary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Secondary schools 2023-2024
- School handbooks - 3-18 campus 2023-2024
- School handbooks - Special schools 2023-2024
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Secondary Schools
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - 3-18 Campuses
- School Standards and Quality Reports 2022-23 - Special Schools