Enrol your child for school

Enrolment in a school outside your catchment area

As a parent you have the right to ask for your child to be educated in a school other than the local school. This applies only to primary and secondary school and not to Early Learning and Childcare provision.

This request is called a placing request.

Pupils who attend a primary school as the result of a successful placing request might not automatically transfer to the associated secondary school. Parents should confirm with the primary school if their child will be automatically entitled to attend the associated secondary.

If you wish to make a placing request you must complete the online placing request application form. Your child must first be enrolled in their catchment primary school for the placing request to be assessed. If a placing request is granted, transport is the responsibility of the parents or guardians.

If you are unable to complete the placing request application form online, a paper copy of the form will be available from the school you wish your child to be placed in.

Make a Placing Request

Check your catchment area

Privacy Notice - what we do with your information