Apply for a house
Demand and supply – your housing prospects
The supply of housing is greater in some communities than other. So is demand. This can influence how quickly you get an offer. You can change your area choices at any time. Make sure your choices are realistic. Use the tool below to help you. We can also advise you on your prospects of getting an offer.
You can also use this detailed table to compare. For example, filter on the property size you are eligible for. Then compare the demand, supply and last year’s vacancies in the different communities.
Use this example to help you:
“I need a 4 bedroom property in Inverness. What do I do?”
- At the top of the bed size column, select ‘4+Bed’
- Look at (or select) all the properties of that type in Inverness City and in Ardersier and surrounding Area
- Look at supply column – how many properties of that size are there?
- Look at the demand column - how many people will you be competing with?
- Think about choosing communities where the supply is high or the demand is less
Make sure your choices increase your chances. Choose up to 10 lettings areas. If you have homeless points, you should consider choosing up to 15 communities.