The benefits of neighbourhood watch are:
- Areas of local concern can be addressed
- Your problem becomes a shared problem
- People work together to make communities safer
- You can work together with other schemes, the police and other partners
- Being a member of a neighbourhood watch scheme may secure a discount on your house insurance
If you are thinking about setting up a neighbourhood watch scheme, one of the first things you should do is find out if your neighbours are interested in the idea. A neighbourhood watch scheme is most effective when the majority of people in an area are members and understand what it's about.