Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Thursday, 17 December 2015
Minutes: Read the Minutes (Items 16-22)
16. Standing Orders Relating to the Conduct of Meetings
Gnath-riaghailtean co-cheangailte ri GiulanChoinneamhan
There had been circulated Report No. HC/61/15 dated 20 November 2015 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which outlined an amendment to the Council’s Standing Orders in regard to Standing Order 28 (Right of Reply) as part of the annual review which was a requirement of the Council’s Code of Corporate Governance.
During discussion, attention was drawn to a typographical error in Paragraph 1.1 of the report (Proposed Version) whereby the word “confirm” required to be changed to “confine”.
The Council AGREED the proposed amendment to Standing Orders as detailed, subject to correction of the typographical error as detailed and on the basis that an amended copy would be circulated to all Members in due course.
17. Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant Update
Cunnradh nan Seann Ghaisgeach
Therehad been circulated Joint Report No. HC/62/15 dated 4 December 2015 by the Head of Policy and Reform which outlined the work carried out by the partners to the Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant in the last twelve months and set out future priorities.
Specific reference was made and thanks conveyed to all those involved with the work which had been undertaken in relation to health and housing, education and employment and through the presentation of a Silver Award which had demonstrated excellent partnership working.
Reference was also made to the Freedom of the Highlands which had been granted to the Royal Regiment of Scotland and in regard to the World War 1 commemorative events which had taken place throughout the year. Future proposals included closer engagement with the private sector and the development of formal processes for partnership working.
In this regard, special thanks were conveyed at the meeting to Mrs C Caddick for the work which had been undertaken.
The Council AGREED to welcome the work of the Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant Partnership which had been undertaken to date, to support the ongoing work which had been outlined at Paragraph 5.8 to further develop partnership working with other Local Authorities and to endorse the future priorities which had been outlined at Section 6 of the report.
18. Veterans Champion
Curaidh nan Seann-ghaisgeach
It was advised that Mr A Duffy was currently on a leave of absence from his Council duties and would therefore not be able to undertake his duties as Veterans Champion.
In this regard, it was proposed to appoint a new Veterans Champion at the next available meeting of the Council in order to ensure continuity and that the duties associated with this position were undertaken.
The Council AGREED to appoint a new Veterans Champion at the next available meeting as detailed.
19. Dornoch Common Good Fund
Maoin Math Coitcheann Dhòrnaich
Declaration of Interest
Mr G Phillips declared a non-financial interest in this item on the basis of having previously provided professional services to two projects but, having applied the test outlined in Paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3 of the Councillors’ Code of Conduct, concluded that his interest did not preclude his involvement in the discussion.
There had been circulated Joint Report No. HC/63/15 dated 8 December 2015 by the Director of Finance and the Head of Policy and Reform which requested consideration of an application of £100,000 over three years to the Dornoch Common Good Fund from Dornoch and District Community Association.
In this regard, it was confirmed that this application was for funding to support the development and construction of a new Community Centre at the Meadows, Dornoch.
The Council AGREED to grant £100,000 from the Dornoch Common Good Fund to Dornoch and District Community Association as a contribution towards the costs of the new Social Club build over three years, subject to the group getting permission to purchase the land and a full funding package being in place.
20. Board of Trustees of Dornoch Meadows Trust
Bòrd Urrasairean airson Urras Chluaintean Dhòrnaich
It was NOTED that the Trustees of the Meadows Playing Fields in Dornoch were responsible for the management of the Recreation Ground in Dornoch known as‘The Meadows’.
In this regard, Mr J McGillivray had been appointed as a Trustee in 2013 but had resigned from this position.
The Council AGREED to appoint Mr G Phillips to the Board of Trustees of Dornoch Meadows Trust.
21. Timetable of Meetings for 2016
Clàr-ama Choinneamhan airson 2016
The Council AGREED the following additional meetings for 2016 –
Highland Council (Special Meeting) –Thursday, 21 January
City of Inverness Area Committee (Extra Meeting) – Thursday, 28 January
The Council also AGREED the following revised dates for meetings in Caithness –
22. Deeds Executed
Sgrìobhainnean Lagha a Bhuilicheadh
It was NOTED that a list of deeds and other documents executed on behalf of the Council since the meeting held on 3 September 2015 was available in the Members’ Library and on the Council’s Website.
The meeting ended at 4.45pm.
- Item 4 Highland Council Minutes - 29 October 2015 Report, 107.26 KB
- Item 5 Planning, Development and Infrastructure Committee Minutes - 4 November 2015 Report, 112.18 KB
- Item 5 Community Services Committee Minutes - 5 November 2015 Report, 82.26 KB
- Item 5 Education, Children and Adult Services Committee Minutes - 11 November 2015 Report, 76.75 KB
- Item 5 Gaelic Implementation Group Minutes - 12 November 2015 Report, 38.86 KB
- Item 5 Audit and Scrutiny Committee Minutes - 17 November 2015 Report, 37.6 KB
- Item 5 Skye, Ross and Cromarty Area Committee Minutes - 18 November 2015 Report, 71.83 KB
- Item 5 Lochaber Area Committee Minutes - 24 November 2015 Report, 63.91 KB
- Item 5 Resources Committee Minutes - 25 November 2015 Report, 152.16 KB
- Item 5 City of Inverness Area Committee Minutes - 3 December 2015 Report, 64.54 KB
- Item 5 Communities and Partnerships Committee - 10 December 2015 Report, 75.07 KB
- Item 6 Highland and Western Isles Valuation Joint Board Minutes - 17 September 2015 Report, 947.35 KB
- Item 7 Appointment Panels (External Bodies/Arms-Length External Organisations) Minutes - 24 November 2015 Report, 908.83 KB
- Item 9i Question Time - Mr J Stone Report, 12.17 KB
- Item 9ii Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 25.87 KB
- Item 9iii Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 8.52 KB
- Item 9iv Question Time - Mrs L MacDonald Report, 195.38 KB
- Item 9v Question Time - Mr T Prag Report, 8.68 KB
- Item 11 Capital Programme Review: Capital Plan 2015/16 to 2024/25 Report, 1005.63 KB
- Item 11 Capital Programme Review Annex 1 Amended Report, 25.54 KB
- Item 11 Capital Programme Review Annex 8 Late Adjustments to Dec 2015 Programme Report, 49.57 KB
- Item 12 Revenue Budget Report, 946.82 KB
- Item 12 Revenue Budget Briefing for Leaders Report, 46.74 KB
- Item 13 Update on Rationalisation of Leisure Management Report, 1003.16 KB
- Item 14 Consultation on Provisions for a Future Islands Bill Report, 987.25 KB
- Item 15i Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers: Local Committees Report, 973.29 KB
- Item 15ii Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers: Remuneration of Senior Councillors Report, 963.81 KB
- Item 16 Standing Orders Relating to the Conduct of Meetings Report, 915.54 KB
- Item 17 Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant Update Report, 952.73 KB
- Item 19 Dornoch Common Good Fund Report, 1.14 MB
- Item 22 List of Deeds Report, 35.3 KB