Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Thursday, 8 September 2016
Minutes: Read the Minutes (Items 18-21)
18. Standing Orders Relating to the Conduct of Meetings
Gnath-riaghailtean co-cheangailte ri GiulanChoinneamhan
Members were reminded that Annual Review of Standing Orders was a requirement of the Council’s Code of Corporate Governance.
However, following consideration, it was proposed that no further changes were necessary at this time.
The Council AGREED that there was no requirement for any change to the current Standing Orders Relating to the Conduct of Meetings.
19. Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers
Raòn Ùghdarrais agus Rianachd gu Comataidhean Ro-innleachdail agus Fo-chomataidhean agus gu Oifigearan
There had been circulated Report No HC/39/16 dated 25 August 2016 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which outlined amendments to the Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers. In this regard, it was confirmed that Annual Review of the Scheme of Delegation was a requirement of the Council’s Code of Corporate Governance.
There had also been circulated Supplementary Agenda dated 6 September 2016 which outlined additional amendments to the Scheme.
During discussion, it was suggested that, on the basis that further detailed clarification was required in relation to specific proposals from the Care & Learning and Development & Infrastructure Services in particular, the report should be deferred until the next meeting of the Council in October.
The Council AGREED that the report should be deferred until the next meeting in October to allow detailed clarification on specific issues to be provided by the Services concerned.
20. Timetable of Meetings for 2017
There had been circulated Draft Timetable of Meetings for 2017.
During discussion, it was suggested that it would be more appropriate if meetings of Strategic and Local Committees (currently proposed for March and April) were re-scheduled so that they did not coincide with the restricted period before the Local Government Elections (purdah) which would begin on Monday, 13 March 2017.
It was also suggested that the proposed date of the Ross & Cromarty Committee in October should be changed to avoid specific local holiday dates at that time.
The Council AGREED that an amended timetable should be submitted to the next meeting in October to take account of the issues raised at the meeting as detailed.
21. Deeds Executed
Sgrìobhainnean Lagha a Bhuilicheadh
It was NOTED that a list of deeds and other documents executed on behalf of the Council since the meeting held on 29 June 2016 was available in the Members’ Library and on the Council’s Website.
The meeting ended at 4.50pm.
- Item 6 Highland Council Minutes - 29 June 2016 Report, 96.06 KB
- Item 7 City of Inverness Area Committee (Special Meeting) Minutes - 1 July 2016 Report, 26.9 KB
- Item 7 Ross and Cromarty Committee Minutes - 3 August 2016 Report, 66.25 KB
- Item 7 Gaelic Implementation Group Minutes - 11 August 2016 Report, 32.07 KB
- Item 7 Gaelic Implementation Group (Gaelic) Minutes - 11 August 2016 Report, 35.15 KB
- Item 7 Planning, Development and Infrastructure Committee Minutes - 17 August 2016 Report, 87.31 KB
- Item 7 Community Services Committee Minutes - 18 August 2016 Report, 78.22 KB
- Item 7 Lochaber Committee Minutes - 23 August 2016 Report, 59.98 KB
- Item 7 Resources Committee Minutes - 24 August 2016 Report, 85.48 KB
- Item 7 Education, Children and Adult Services Committee Minutes - 25 August 2016 Report, 74.83 KB
- Item 7 Sutherland County Committee Minutes - 30 August 2016 Report, 58.9 KB
- Item 7 Caithness Commitee Minutes - 31 August 2016 Report, 74.97 KB
- Item 7 City of Inverness Area Committee Minutes - 1 September 2016 Report, 77.4 KB
- Item 8 Committee Membership Tables Report, 34.65 KB
- Item 9i Question Time - Mr A Baxter Report, 27.39 KB
- Item 9ii Question Time - Mr G Farlow Report, 26.92 KB
- Item 9iii Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 57.67 KB
- Item 9iv Question Time - Mr A Christie Report, 26.4 KB
- Item 9v Question Time - Mr T Prag Report, 27.27 KB
- Item 9vi Question Time - Mr A Graham Report, 26.5 KB
- Item 11 Redesign of the Highland Council Report, 138.07 KB
- Item 11 Redesign of the Highland Council Board Minutes - 21 June 2016 Report, 20.27 KB
- Item 11 Booklet A Report, 682.84 KB
- Item 11 Booklet B Report, 248.32 KB
- Item 12 Commission on Highland Democracy – Update Report, 37.5 KB
- Item 13 Corporate Performance Report 2015-16 Report, 268.88 KB
- Item 13 Corporate Performance Report Report, 32.34 KB
- Item 14 Social Impact Pledge Report, 45.41 KB
- Item 15 Dementia Friendly Highland Working Group: Action Plan Report, 88.07 KB
- Item 16 Application to Capital Discretionary Fund 2016/17 Report, 405.38 KB
- Item 19 Scheme of Delegation Report, 72.54 KB
- Item 20 Timetable of Meetings 2017 Report, 45.63 KB
- Item 21 Deeds Executed Report, 26.42 KB
- Item 22 (additional item) Fort George Military Barracks Report, 504.02 KB