Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Wednesday, 7 December 2016
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 10.30 am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Depute Chief Executive/
Director of Corporate Development
1. Apologies for Absence
2.Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Scottish Fire and Rescue Area Committee Performance Report for 2016-17
Aithisg Coileanaidh Comataidh Sgìreil Smàlaidh agus Teasairginn na h-Alba airson 2016-17
There is circulated Report No N/23/16 dated 18 November 2016 by the Local Senior Officer for Highland which provides an update on the progress in Nairnshire against the priorities outlined in the Area Committee Plan for Nairnshire 2016 - 2017. Priority areas are identified through a range of Intervention, Prevention and Protection activities delivered in partnership to reduce risk to the communities of Nairnshire. The report also contains previously agreed information and performance as requested by Committee Members.
The Committee is invited to comment and scrutinise on the Area Performance Report.
4. Developing Local Priorities for Nairnshire
A’ Leasachadh Phrìomhachasan Ionadail airson Siorrachd Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/24/16 dated 18 November 2016 by the Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development which asks Members to approve the final draft local strategic priorities for Nairnshire as outlined in Appendix 1.
The Committee is asked to approve the local strategic priorities for Nairnshire as outlined in Appendix 1 to this report.
5.Leader Funding Programme
Prògram Maoineachaidh Leader
There is circulated Report No N/25/16 dated 23 November 2016 by the Director of Development and Infrastructure which provides updates on the Highland LEADER Programme and LEADER in the Inner Moray Firth South area, and invites Members to support the promotion of the fund at a local level for Nairn and Nairnshire.
The Committee is asked to:-
- note the contents of this report;
- promote the availability of LEADER funds and encourage applications to come forward from the Nairn and Nairnshire area;
- signpost potential applicants to the LEADER Development Officer for the Inner Moray Firth South area; and
- contact the LEADER Development Officer if it would be helpful for Members to have access to promotional materials to distribute/circulate locally.
6. Business Development Update
Cunntas às Ùr mu Leasachadh Gnothachais
There is circulated Report No N/26/16 dated 25 November 2016 by the Director of Development and Infrastructure providing an update on the performance of the Council’s business development services in Nairnshire. It summarises the delivery of the Business Gateway over the period from April to October 2016, and informs Members on progress with Council involvement in local business development activity in Nairnshire during that time.
The Committee is asked to note Business Development Service performance in Nairnshire for the period from April to October 2016.
7. Nairn Common Good Fund
Maoin Math Coitcheann Inbhir Narann
i. Audited Accounts, Annual Report 2015/16 and Quarter 2 Monitoring
Aithisg Sgrùdaidh Cairteil 2
There is circulated joint report No N/27/16 dated 28 November 2016 by the Director of Finance and Inverness City Manager which presents the audited accounts and annual report for financial year 2015/16 and the position of the Nairn Common Good Fund as shown in the Quarter 2 monitoring statement.
The Committee is invited to note:-
- the Nairn Common Good Fund (NCGF) Annual Report for 2015/16;
- the position of the NCGF and outturn as shown in the Quarter 2 Monitoring Statement against budget; and
- that a draft Asset Register will be brought to the next Nairnshire Committee.
ii. Investment Strategy
There is circulated report No N/28/16 dated 24 November 2016 by the Director of Finance which proposes an investment strategy for the current cash balances held by the Nairn Common Good Fund and outlines the governance around how those investments will be managed.
The Committee is invited to:-
- approve an investment of £0.4m to be managed by Adam and Co.; and
- confirm that investments are commensurate with a risk category in the middle of the medium risk category
8. Nairn 20mph Speed Limit
Casg Astair 20msu Inbhir Narann
There is circulated joint report No N/29/16 dated 28 November 2016 by the Director of Development and Infrastructure which invites Members to approve the making of the Draft Road Traffic Regulation Order entitled ‘The Highland Council (Nairn) (20mph Speed Limit) Order 2016’.
The Committee is asked to:-
- note the background to the proposed 20mph speed limit order and the representations received;
- approve the making of the Road Traffic Regulation Order; and
- note the intention to carry out speed surveys on Balblair Road with a view to bring back a further report to Committee regarding a separate RTRO covering the 536 metre section of Balblair Road from its junction with Cawdor Road.
9. Winter Maintenance Plan for 2016/17
Plana Obair-gleidhidh Geamhraidh airson 2016/17
There is circulated Report No N/30/16 dated 20 November 2016 by the Director of Community Services which provides information on winter maintenance preparations and arrangements for the 2016/17 winter period.
The Committee is invited to approve the Winter Maintenance Plan for the Nairn Area, which includes the priority road maps presented at Appendix B to the report.
10. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2016 to 30 September 2016
Aithisg Dèanadais Taigheadais – 1 Giblean 2016 gu 30 T-Sultainn 2016
There is circulated Report No N/31/16 dated 23 November 2016 by the Director of Community Services which provides information on how the Housing Section performed in relation to Scottish Social Housing Charter and other performance indicators up to 30 September 2016.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise the information provided on housing performance in the period 1 April to 30 September 2016.
11. Minutes of Previous Meeting
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 21 September 2016, which were approved by the Council on 27 October 2016.
- Item 3 - Scottish Fire and Rescue Area Committee Performance Report for 2016-17 Report, 2.09 MB
- Item 4 - Developing Local Priorities for Nairnshire Report, 291.77 KB
- Item 5 - Leader Funding Programme Report, 417.05 KB
- Item 6 - Business Development Update Report, 509.55 KB
- Item 7 i - Nairn Common Good Fund Audited Accounts, Annual Report 2015/16 and Quarter 2 Monitoring Report, 165.2 KB
- Item 7 ii - Nairn Common Good Fund Investment Strategy Report, 478.04 KB
- Item 8 - Nairn 20mph Speed Limit Report, 3.85 MB
- Item 9 - Winter Maintenance Plan for 2016/17 Report, 1.82 MB
- Item 10 - Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2016 to 30 September 2016 Report, 278.36 KB