Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Thursday, 21 September 2017
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Thursday, 21 September 2017 at 10.30 am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Depute Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Development
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Recess Powers
The Committee is asked to note that the recess powers granted by the Council at its meeting on 29 June 2017 did not require to be exercised in relation to the business of the Nairnshire Committee.
4. Police Scotland – Area Performance Summary
Poileas Alba – Geàrr-chunntas Dèanadais Sgìreil
There is circulated Report No N/9/17 dated 31 August 2017 by the South Highland Area Commander which provides a local summary update on progress with reference to the local priorities within the Highland 2014-2017 Policing Plan.
In this regard, a presentation will be undertaken at the meeting by a member of the C3 project team on the ongoing work to relocate control room functions for North Division from Inverness to Dundee as part of the remodelling of control rooms across Scotland.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and discuss the progress report and updates in relation to the four priorities – Road Safety, Drug Dealing and Misuse, Antisocial Behaviour and Dishonesty.
5. Proposals for Changes to the Governance of Education
Molaidhean airson Atharrachaidhean do Riaghladh Foghlaim
There is circulated report No N/10/17 dated 31 August 2017 by the Director of Care and Learning.
The Committee is invited to:-
- discuss the Scottish Government’s recently announced proposals for the reform of education governance;
- note that the Council has agreed to seek to work with Government, including through CoSLA, the Northern Alliance and other fora in an endeavour to influence these proposals in a more positive and constructive direction; and
- agree to seek views on the proposals through discussions in their communities and particularly through discussions with their respective Parent Councils.
6. Nairn Common Good Fund – Quarter 1 2017/18 Monitoring Report
Maoin Math Coitcheann Inbhir Narann – 2017/18 Aithisg Sgrùdaidh Cairteil 1
There is circulated joint report No N/11/17 dated 12 September 2017 by the Director of Finance and Inverness City Manager.
The Committee is invited to note the position of the Nairn Common Good Fund, as shown in the Quarter 1 2017/18 Monitoring Statement against budget.
7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2017 to 30 June 2017
Aithisg Dèanadais Taigheadais – 1 Giblean 2017 gu 30 T-og Mhios 2017
There is circulated Report No N/12/17 dated 12 September 2017 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise the information provided on housing performance for the period 1 April to 30 June 2017.
8. Nairn Winter Maintenance Plan for 2017/18
Plana Obair-gleidhidh Geamhraidh airson 2017/18
There is circulated Report No N/13/17 dated 1 September 2017 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to approve the Winter Maintenance Plan for the Nairn Area for 2017/18, which includes the priority road maps presented at Appendix 2 to the report.
9. Minutes of Previous Meeting
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 23 June 2017, which were approved by the Council on 29 June 2017.
- Item 4. Police Scotland – Area Performance Summary Report, 298.25 KB
- Item 5. Proposals for Changes to the Governance of Education Report, 258.6 KB
- Item 6. Nairn Common Good Fund – Quarter 1 2017/18 Monitoring Report Report, 106.18 KB
- Item 7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2017 to 30 June 2017 Report, 247.81 KB
- Item 8. Nairn Winter Maintenance Plan for 2017/18 Report, 2.22 MB