Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Wednesday, 13 June 2018
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Wednesday, 13 June 2018 at 10.30am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Head of Corporate Governance
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Nairn Business Improvement District (BID)
Sgìre Leasachaidh Gnìomhachais Inbhir Narann
There is circulated report No N/5/18 dated 31 May 2018 by the Inverness City Area Manager.
The Committee is asked to note the proposals for the establishment of a Nairn Business Improvement District and recommend to the Council that it supports the ‘NairnConnects’ BID Proposal when this is considered at the meeting of the Council on 28th June 2018.
4. Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2017-18
Seirbheis Smàlaidh agus Teasairginn na h-Alba – Aithisg Coileanaidh na Comataidh Ionadail airson 2017-18
There is circulated Report No N/6/18 dated 23 May 2018 by the Local Senior Officer for Highland (Scottish Fire and Rescue Service).
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and comment on the Area Performance Report.
5. Local Priorities for Nairn and Nairnshire
Prìomhachasan Ionadail airson Inbhir Narann agus Siorrachd Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/7/18 dated 29 May 2018 by the Head of Policy and Reform.
The Committee is invited to.
- Consider and approve the local strategic priorities for Nairn and Nairnshire;
- Agree to promote these with the wider Council membership and as part of the Council’s Programme 2017-22;
- Note that there will be opportunity, through the development of the local community partnership and engagement with community bodies and communities, to consider wider shared priorities over the Council’s term; and
- Note that further work will be done in 2018 to identify how the local priorities agreed can be supported by staff and any other Council resources. This will include considering how best to measure progress. Some priorities are already well aligned to the Council’s Programme.
6. Nairn Links Scoping Report
Aithisg Mheasaidh Machair Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/8/18 dated 31 May 2018 by the Inverness City Area Manager.
The Committee is invited to.
- Consider the contents of the Scoping Report enclosed at Appendix A;
- Agree the proposal to take forward a consultation on the future development of the Links in August 2018; and
- Agree that further reports be brought back to Area Committee as required and that a final plan is ready consideration by the end of 2018 / 19.
7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
Aithisg Coileanaidh Taigheadais – 1 Giblean 2017 gu 31 Mart 2018
There is circulated Report No N/9/18 dated 21 May 2018 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to consider the information provided on housing performance for the period 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
8. Minutes of Previous Meeting
Geàrr-chunntas na Coinneimh Roimhe
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 14 March 2018, which were approved by the Council on 10 May 2018.
- Item 3 - Nairn Business Improvement District (BID) Report, 187.74 KB
- Item 4 - Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Local Committee Performance Report for 2017-18 Report, 1.06 MB
- Item 5 - Local Priorities for Nairn and Nairnshire Report, 282.88 KB
- Item 6 - Nairn Links Scoping Report Report, 1.64 MB
- Item 7 - Housing Performance Report – 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 Report, 248.18 KB