Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Monday, 25 March 2019
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A Special Meeting of the Highland Council will take place in the Council Chamber, Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness on Monday, 25 March 2019 at 2.00 pm.
Webcast Notice: This meeting will be filmed and broadcast over the Internet on the Highland Council website and will be archived and available for viewing for 12 months thereafter.
Members are reminded that during determination of any planning application they must be present throughout the whole of that item in order to be entitled to participate.
Members are further reminded that mobile devices, including mobile phones, can be used for following the agenda/reports and delivering speeches but should not be used for any form of communication (text or tweet) during the meeting.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Head of Corporate Governance
1. Calling of the Roll and Apologies for Absence
Gairm a’ Chlàir agus Leisgeulan
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Notice of Amendment (Planning) – Planning Application (18/03110/FUL)
Brath Atharrachaidh (Dealbhadh) – Iarrtas Dealbhaidh (18/03110/FUL)
Application for Construction of a 950kW run of river hydro scheme, including intake, buried pipeline, turbine house, outfall, grid connection & access tracks on land 2400M NW of Ardechive Cottage, Achnacarry, Spean Bridge (Allt Mhuic) (18/03110/FUL)
The South Planning Applications Committee (SPAC) refused planning permission for the above application at its meeting on 12 March 2019. The following Notice of Amendment was then received on 14 March 2019:
“We the undersigned, being Elected Members of the Highland Council, hereby declare our wish that the decision of the South Planning Applications Committee at its meeting on 12 March 2019 on the above application (Agenda Item 6.2) be reviewed at the next available meeting of the full Council.
Signed: Mr B Thompson, Mrs C Caddick, Mr D MacLeod, Mrs T Robertson, Mr B Boyd, Mr A Henderson, Mr R MacWilliam, Mr L Fraser, Ms A MacLean, Mr G Adam, Mr R MacDonald, Mr J Gray, Mrs D Mackay, Mrs B McAllister, Mr T Heggie, Mr G Cruickshank, Ms E Knox and Mr D Louden.”
The Council is invited to consider the Notice of Amendment (Planning) and thereafter determine planning application 18/03110/FUL.
The case officer’s assessment of the planning application is contained in the Committee report (PLS/23/19) and the plans are contained in the separate A3 Booklet entitled “Plans”.
4. Recruitment Process for Depute Chief Executive
There is circulated Report No. HC/13/19 dated 21 March 2019 by the Chief Executive.
Members are asked to agree:-
- the Appointments Panel and Recruitment Process as detailed in Section 1 of the report;
- that administrative issues related to the recruitment should be approved by the Appointments Panel;
- that External Advisers should be used in accordance with Section 4.1 and the extent of involvement should be approved by the Appointments Panel and not exceed £15k; and
- that the salary should be a single point of £119k.
- Item 3 - Applicant: Vento Ludens Ltd (18/03110/FUL) Report, 14.71 MB
- Item 4 - Recruitment Process for Depute Chief Executive HC/13/19 Report, 195.46 KB